You love developing for Windows Phone, but haven’t quite hit the jackpot. We’re a Windows Phone fan site without a Windows Phone App. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out an awesome contest idea: are you ready to build the first ever WinSource Windows Phone App?
As part of Developer Appreciation Month, we’re giving away $5,000 in cash prizes to the Windows Phone Developers who can create the best Windows Phone App for WinSource.com. Not only should this be a fun challenge, but it could be very rewarding!
- First Place: $4,000
- Second Place $750
- Third Place $250
How To Enter:
- Sign up and confirm subscription for the WinSource Developer Newsletter
- Build a WinSource Windows Phone App that displays the latest Windows Phone News using the WinSource.com RSS Feed
- E-Mail the .xap (or link to the .xap) for your app to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WinSource App!”
- E-Mail must include:
- Your Full Name
- Your Full Mailing Address
- Your Phone Number
- Description of the application, how it works, and any background information you wish to provide that may help us make a decision
- E-mail must be received by June 30th at 11:59PM Eastern
You’ll 100% need to incorporate the news from our news feed, but to separate yourselves from the competition, here are a few additional resources you may choose to leverage. Also note that individual categories like “Reviews” and “Apps” have their own RSS feed.
- WinSource RSS Feed
- WinSource Facebook
- WinSource Twitter
- WinSource YouTube
- WinSource logos and icons
- NOTE: We can provide developers with deeper integration to our site by providing documentation for a WordPress Plugin we’ve created. If interested, please e-mail rob @ winsource (.) com and include a bit about yourself (so we feel comfortable giving you the keys to our house.
Selecting A Winner:
The deadline for entry is June 30th at 11:59PM Eastern
- UPDATE: Deadline for entry is now July 7th
- All apps submitted will be tested and judged by the WinSource staff.
- We may give feedback and suggest changes before we settle on a winner.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be chosen at the sole discretion of the WinSource staff and announced on the site.
- The 1st place app will be published on our Marketplace account.
- App entries and containing source code and graphics must be 100% owned by the entrant (exceptions include open source libraries)
- App entries may include open source libraries, but must explicitly state/disclose where and what libraries are used when submitting their application and must ensure they follow all proper licensing regulations of included libraries. Preferably, entrants should not create “bulky” apps.
- Entrants agree that entering an app into the contest constitutes the right for WinSource.com to use their app, their information, and their source code in any way, shape, or form deemed appropriate or beneficial to WinSource.com
- Entrants agree that submitting an app into the contest grants WinSource & Neverstill Media an unrestricted and unlimited worldwide license to use, modify, publish, and reproduce the submitted application, source code, and related assets.
- WinSource reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason
Beyond The Contest
Winners may be invited to do further contract work for WinSource.com or potentially even offered positions with the parent company, Neverstill Media, LLC.
On your mark… get set…. CODE!
Good luck everybody. We can’t wait to see what you create!