If you like bullet hell shoot ‘em up games, then you’ll be happy to know that Xbox LIVE indie gaming classic Shoot1UP will be available on Windows Phone soon. The game takes a unique spin on shoot ‘em up games in that instead of having several different lives to see you through the levels, you play all of your extra lives at once. It’s a unique take on the genre that provides an interesting touch of gameplay. Other features include:
- 1UPs instantly enter the action!
- Command over 30 ships at the same time!
- Contract your phalanx to dodge enemy fire, expand your ships to fire the Plasma Auger!
- Weapons upgrade as you collect more ships (And they downgrade when you lose them so stay sharp!)
- Sacrifice ships for a bullet-vaporizing bomb which increases in power the more ships you’ve collected!
- Manic Shooting without all the wailing and gnashing of teeth or crank up the difficulty and gameplay speed for thumbtwisting manuevers!
The game will be available on August 22nd for what we assume will be $2.99 just like most recent launches. We’ll remind you when it’s available.