Vimeo has come a long way since we got an early look at it back at CES 2012. Today they have updated their Windows Phone app with some great new features to take advantage of WP8. The most notable is NFC Tap-to-Share videos between phones. This is something we haven’t seen a lot of apps use, and it’s really nice to have.
With an official YouTube app notably absent we really like how Vimeo has embraced Windows Phone. Check out the full changelog below, and give Vimeo a try.
- Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, or videos you have liked
- Use NFC Tap-to-Share to share Vimeo videos between phones
- Create live tiles from your videos or featured channels
- Easily like, comment on, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and fascinating featured videos
- Quickly search for videos on Vimeo
- Easily upload your footage in HD
- Pause and resume uploads
- Replace existing videos
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, email, or SMS
- Add videos to your Groups, Channels, and Albums