For those of you who updated your Lumia 920 or Lumia 820 today, you may be wondering what the update consisted of. Both Microsoft and Nokia have individual updates that went into the OS today. The following are Microsoft’s update notes:
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can’t take a call? Now you can send a pre-written text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
Of course, Nokia added several improvements of their own, including fixing the fuzzy problem that some Lumia 920s may have been expecting. If you haven’t already, go into your phone’s settings and select update to receive it.