One of the downfalls of Surface marketing in the early weeks of availability was that it could only be obtained online or through a Microsoft Store, which have very few locations across the United States. Microsoft aims to change that by announcing that six new Microsoft Stores will open up and provide a place for customers to obtain all of Microsoft’s products and services. This addition of six new stores brings the grand total to 51 retail outlets in the United States and Canada. The new locations include:
- The Shops at La Cantera, San Antonio, Texas
- Dadeland Mall, Miami, Fla.
- Beachwood Place, Beachwood, Ohio
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco
- City Creek Center, Salt Lake City
- St. Louis Galleria, St. Louis
No specific dates have been announced for the opening of these stores, but you should expect them soon. Keep in mind that Microsoft usually throws parties to celebrate openings of stores, so you could snag some great items from giveaways just by attending.