The day is finally here. Nokia Drive Beta is finally available for all Windows Phone 8 devices. Microsoft promised this was coming when they announced WP8, but it has taken a while for it to actually happen. Nokia Drive has been far and away the best turn-by-turn navigation app for Windows Phone, but it has only been available to Nokia users. Now the rest of us can enjoy it too.
So what have Nokia users been enjoying all this time? Full offline maps for 89 countries. Voice guided true turn-by-turn navigation with voices available in several languages. Local speed limit displayed so you never have to wonder. Automatic day and night modes. Much, much more. The app works with the Windows Phone system so that when you search for a location with Local Scout and select “drive” it automatically opens Nokia Drive in turn-by-turn mode. Personally, I’ve been waiting a long time for this app to arrive. Nokia Drive Beta is completely free. Check out the huge list of features below.
- Full offline support for 89 countries across the world
- Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation with spoken street names
- Local speed limit information with audible speed limit warnings
- 60+ different voice guidance packs available for FREE download
- Automatic Day/Night mode to provide you with optimum visibility
- Route settings such as avoiding toll roads, highways, and others
- 2D & 3D landmarks on map help you orient yourself during navigation
- Turns off GPS after the app is sent to background, except in guidance mode
- Get one-tap access to your current position and see the distance from your current position while exploring/panning the map
- Create, personalize and save your favorite places on your phone
- Advanced dashboard with your speed, distance covered, estimated time of arrival and the time left to your destination
- Pin your favorite destinations to the Start screen of your phone to create a Live Tile for one-tap access to directions and navigation