It’s been a while since we talked about a Portico update, but today it is back in action. This time the Verizon HTC 8X is the lucky phone. Reports have started to come in saying the 8X on Big Red is finally being updated to build 10211. Portico adds a couple important new features. Besides some stability improvements to fix random reboots, Portico includes the following features.
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can’t take a call? Now you can send a pre-written text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
You can manually check to see if the update is available in the phone settings. Anyone getting the update?