The Nokia “Normandy” X is coming later this month at MWC. We know a lot about this crazy device, but one thing we have yet to find out is the price. It’s expected to be a very low-end device, like the Lumia 520. We have been speculating about the price being somewhere in the $100 range. A Vietnamese retailer has posted it pre-maturely and showed off the price.
According to a Vietnamese online phone retailer the “Nokia X” will retail for between 2.2 million to 2.5 million VND, which works out to as little as $104. The site also confirms a number of specs for the Nokia X, including what version of Android it will be running..
- OS: Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Processor: Dual-core Snapdragon 1 GHz MSM8225Q (Snapdragon 200)
- Display: TFT technology, size 4 “- 480×854 ~ 285ppi
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS support
- Memory: 4 GB, 512 MB RAM
- Card slot: microSD (TransFlash) up to 32GB support
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0 with A2DP
- Main Camera: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels
With such a low price tag we might consider picking one of these up. Would you consider buying a Nokia X even though it runs Android? Are you interested in this weird phone at all?