It’s time for another official app to arrive on Windows Phone. Today we are looking at BitTorrent Sync, the popular file sharing service. The Windows Phone app is part of the new version 1.3 of their Sync service. It was in private beta for a while, but now it is available for everyone to download. Let’s take a look.
The main feature of BitTorrent Sync is to allow users to share files while still owning their content. The secure unlimited file syncing is done without a 3rd-party cloud service. This means all of your files are safely stored away from prying eyes. You can access your files anywhere the BitTorrent Sync app can be installed. Some of the benefits of BitTorrent Sync include no file size limits and unlimited file-syncing.
Here are some of the features of BitTorrent Sync for Windows Phone. Download from the Windows Phone Store below.
- Access all your Sync folders and files from your Windows Phone device.
- Add photos from your Windows Phone device to any of your Sync folders.
- Automatically back up your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer.
- File transfers are encrypted and protected by secure keys.
- Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
- Connecting the Sync application to other Sync folders is as easy as taking a picture of a QR code with your camera.