Windows Phone Source
    Thanks

Any modders here too? Android and WP7 dualboot

Hey there, I've been especially interested in WP7, because you can have android with it, but I think not on all models: Tutorial to Dual Boot Windows Phone 7 and Android on the HD2 | xda-developers

Any guesses, if it could be put on Lumia 900?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silveeer View Post
    Hey there, I've been especially interested in WP7, because you can have android with it, but I think not on all models: Tutorial to Dual Boot Windows Phone 7 and Android on the HD2 | xda-developers

Any guesses, if it could be put on Lumia 900?
    I doubt dual boot, no. I don't think any of the current Windows Phones can be rooted. I'm probably wrong here!
    Hey you! You should read this: Hidden Content

Thanks
    I wonder if it would be legal for an OEM to make a dual booting phone, it would sell like crazy if it were good!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mohammed View Post
    I wonder if it would be legal for an OEM to make a dual booting phone, it would sell like crazy if it were good!
    They can unlock the bootloader for developers right off the bat, but I don't know why they'd bother. It's not illegal, but regular consumers wouldn't want to switch between OSes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mohammed View Post
    Legal, why not. I imagine MS and Google have some clauses in their licensing which prevent that. a OEM would have to license both OS's (Google is "free" but there are still costs), and all that would be passed onto the consumer, of which there is a tiny nitch that would be willing to pay the extra for the extra functionality.

But interesting idea none the less.

Thanks
    Now that's a neat concept. I can see enjoying that for about a week or so, but like when I dual booted my netbook with Ubuntu and Windows 7, it gets old really quickly unless you have an active reason to use it. Still neat, though!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahkia View Post
    Now that's a neat concept. I can see enjoying that for about a week or so, but like when I dual booted my netbook with Ubuntu and Windows 7, it gets old really quickly unless you have an active reason to use it. Still neat, though!
    I dualboot between Android and WebOS on my Touchpad, but now I rarely use WebOS. I wouldn't go as far as removing it, but it's basically useless.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by techblitz View Post
    I dualboot between Android and WebOS on my Touchpad, but now I rarely use WebOS. I wouldn't go as far as removing it, but it's basically useless.
    mmm true...I think I saw a Nokia N9 booting multiple OSes...Meego, Android and even the Windows Mobile 7.....Idea is cool..but not to much use...as you said....i hardly use the ubuntu in my system...Win 7 is more easier...

Thanks
    instead of the dual boot I would rather have the code of android and Windows Mobile and them use only once at a time..get bored...switch to the next one....I guess HTC HD7 (forgot the model nbr) is the only one with almost all the ports available to it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rbharathkumar View Post
    instead of the dual boot I would rather have the code of android and Windows Mobile and them use only once at a time..get bored...switch to the next one....I guess HTC HD7 (forgot the model nbr) is the only one with almost all the ports available to it...
    That phone is a beast. It has outlasted Android superphones and still remains as powerful as ever

Thanks
    That phone is a beast. It has outlasted Android superphones and still remains as powerful as ever
    exactly the best thing to do is have all the ports to it..and change it...when you get bored
    I am curious if it will also be able to support the Apollo version as well

Thanks
    exactly the best thing to do is have all the ports to it..and change it...when you get bored
    I am curious if it will also be able to support the Apollo version as well
    I wouldn't want to put all the OSes on it, because there's limited storage space, but it would be cool to have two OSes on one phone, definitely!

Thanks
    I wouldn't want to put all the OSes on it, because there's limited storage space, but it would be cool to have two OSes on one phone, definitely!
    I actually meant having the source available..but using only one OS at a time.....though it is kinda exciting...i always feel that we cannot make full justice when we have two OS at the same time...just a personal opinion though...

Thanks
    I actually meant having the source available..but using only one OS at a time.....though it is kinda exciting...i always feel that we cannot make full justice when we have two OS at the same time...just a personal opinion though...
    Yeah, when you have two OSes though, like my rooted Touchpad does, the two OSes, apps and other fun files share one storage space. I don't think any of the Windows Phones should be sharing space just yet, seeing as there's a limit to 16 GB phones, but maybe with Apollo, everything will change!

Thanks
    Yeah, when you have two OSes though, like my rooted Touchpad does, the two OSes, apps and other fun files share one storage space. I don't think any of the Windows Phones should be sharing space just yet, seeing as there's a limit to 16 GB phones, but maybe with Apollo, everything will change!
    yes that is the reason...i always prefer going for having just one OS at a time....And by the way if only Microsoft can hear us out and make the changes to the apollo version...it will be awesome

Thanks
    yes that is the reason...i always prefer going for having just one OS at a time....And by the way if only Microsoft can hear us out and make the changes to the apollo version...it will be awesome
    Yeah, Windows Phone needs to make it up to 32 GB eventually, some phones just need the space